We encourage you to bookmark this page and check back frequently. New and recurring opportunities for 2020-2021 will be posted here as information is available. Contact the Office of Admissions with any questions.
Each year, OCOM awards thousands of dollars to applicants who note in their applications that they wish to be considered for a merit award. What does the Admissions Committee look for in a candidate? You must first complete your admissions application. Merit awards are granted in several areas of consideration, including:
- Excellence in Academic Achievement – Solid grade point average in a robust undergraduate program; preference given for completion of a bachelor's degree and, if applicable, a post-bachelor's or postgraduate program.
- Healing and Community – The Admissions Committee looks for those holding active acupuncture practices and those able to show clear evidence of both connection and engagement to one’s community
- Service – A commitment to inclusive and diverse populations (i.e. volunteering with civic-minded organizations that focus their efforts to serve a vulnerable community)
- Personal and Professional Accomplishments – A clear demonstration of leadership, vision and collaboration in integrative health and wellness
OCOM's Admissions Committee will review information provided via the entire application and supporting documentation. We recommend that your resume give us an overall picture of your education, work, and professional experiences, and community involvement, including leadership activities and roles.
Board of Trustees Doctoral Scholarship – OCOM’s Board of Trustees has authorized scholarships for Fall 2020’s incoming DAOM students. Each student who qualifies for and is accepted into the Fall 2020 DAOM program will receive up to $5,000 in the Board of Trustees Doctoral Scholarship award.
Golden Flower Doctoral Scholarship – OCOM will award one $1,500 scholarship to an incoming doctoral student for the 2020-2021 academic year. Download the application.
Golden Flower Master's Scholarship – OCOM will award one $1,500 scholarship to an incoming master's student for the 2020-2021 academic year. Download the application.
Lhasa OMS Scholarships - Lhasa OMS, SEIRIN, and DBC will award three $500 scholarships to incoming or continuing master’s or doctoral students for the 2020-2021 academic year. Download the application.
Standard Process® will award one $2,500 scholarship to an incoming or continuing master's student for the 2020-2021 academic year. Download the application.
Trudy McAlister Scholarship – The Trudy McAlister Foundation supports students attending ACAOM-accredited schools working toward their degree in Acupuncture or degree in Oriental Medicine. This is a merit-based scholarship at various levels of funding that will be applied to your 2020-2021 academic year.
2020 nuherbs® Co. TCM Scholarship – nuberbs® Co. offers three scholarship awards of $2,000, $1,500, and $1,000 to current students of acupuncture and Chinese medicine to support them in their studies during the 2020-2021 academic year: https://nuherbs.com/nuherbs-tcm-scholarships. The deadline is April 24, 2020.
*Note: all scholarship information is subject to change.
External Scholarship Resources
- OSAC - https://oregonstudentaid.
- Finaid.org - www.finaid.org
- GraduateSchools.com - https://www.gradschools.com/
financial-aid/graduate- fellowships-scholarships/ fellowships-for-graduate- students
- GoGrad.org - https://www.gograd.org/
- Chegg.com - https://www.chegg.com/
- FastWeb.com - https://www.fastweb.com/
- Scholarships.com - https://www.scholarships.
com/financial-aid/college- scholarships/scholarships-by- grade-level/graduate- scholarships/
- UniGo.com - https://www.unigo.com/
- MyScholarly.com - https://myscholly.com/
International / Non-Domestic Students Scholarship resources
- International Educational Financial Aid.org - https://www.iefa.org/
- EduPass.org - http://www.edupass.org/
- ScholarshipPositions.com - http://scholarship-
- P.E.O. Projects and Philanthropies - https://www.
- InternationalScholarships.com - https://www.