Each year, OCOM awards thousands of dollars to applicants who note in their applications that they wish to be considered for a merit award. What does the Admissions Committee look for in a candidate? You must first complete your admissions application. Merit awards are granted in several areas of consideration, including:
- Excellence in Academic Achievement – Solid grade point average in a robust undergraduate program; preference given for completion of a bachelor's degree and, if applicable, a post-bachelor's or postgraduate program.
- Healing and Community – The Admissions Committee looks for those holding active acupuncture practices and those able to show clear evidence of both connection and engagement to one’s community
- Service – A commitment to inclusive and diverse populations (i.e. volunteering with civic-minded organizations that focus their efforts to serve a vulnerable community)
- Personal and Professional Accomplishments – A clear demonstration of leadership, vision, and collaboration in integrative health and wellness
OCOM's Admissions Committee will review information provided via the entire application and supporting documentation. We recommend that your resume give us an overall picture of your education, work and professional experiences, and community involvement, including leadership activities and roles.
- The CHP Group Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Scholarship is $30,000 that will be split between three incoming first professional (MAc, MACM, or DACM/MACM) students for the 2021-2022 academic year. Download the application
- The Golden Flower DAOM Scholarship is a $1,500 scholarship that will be awarded to one incoming DAOM student for the 2021-2022 academic year. Download the application
- The Golden Flower First Professional Scholarship is a $1,500 scholarship that will be awarded to one incoming MAc, MACM, or DACM/MACM student for the 2021-2022 academic year. Download the application
- The Standard Process® Scholarship is a $2,500 scholarship that will be awarded to one incoming or continuing first professional (MAc, MACM, or DACM/MACM) student for the 2021-2022 academic year. Download the application
*Note: all scholarship information is subject to change.
External Scholarship Resources
- OSAC - https://oregonstudentaid.
- Finaid.org - www.finaid.org
- The Complete Guide to Healthcare Scholarships
- GraduateSchools.com - https://www.gradschools.com/
financial-aid/graduate- fellowships-scholarships/ fellowships-for-graduate- students
- GoGrad.org - https://www.gograd.org/
- Chegg.com - https://www.chegg.com/
- FastWeb.com - https://www.fastweb.com/
- Scholarships.com - https://www.scholarships.
com/financial-aid/college- scholarships/scholarships-by- grade-level/graduate- scholarships/
- UniGo.com - https://www.unigo.com/
- MyScholarly.com - https://myscholly.com/
International / Non-Domestic Students Scholarship resources
- International Educational Financial Aid.org - https://www.iefa.org/
- EduPass.org - http://www.edupass.org/
- ScholarshipPositions.com - http://scholarship-
- P.E.O. Projects and Philanthropies - https://www.
- InternationalScholarships.com - https://www.