Each year, OCOM awards thousands of dollars to applicants who note in their applications that they wish to be considered for a merit award. What does the Admissions Committee look for in a candidate? You must first complete your admissions application. Merit awards are granted in several areas of consideration, including:
- Excellence in Academic Achievement – Solid grade point average in a robust undergraduate program; preference given for completion of a bachelor's degree and, if applicable, a post-bachelor's or postgraduate program.
- Healing and Community – The Admissions Committee looks for those holding active acupuncture practices and those able to show clear evidence of both connection and engagement to one’s community
- Service – A commitment to inclusive and diverse populations (i.e. volunteering with civic-minded organizations that focus their efforts to serve a vulnerable community)
- Personal and Professional Accomplishments – A clear demonstration of leadership, vision, and collaboration in integrative health and wellness
OCOM's Admissions Committee will review information provided via the entire application and supporting documentation. We recommend that your resume give us an overall picture of your education, work and professional experiences, and community involvement, including leadership activities and roles.
Trudy McAlister Scholarship – The Trudy McAlister Foundation supports students attending ACAOM-accredited schools working toward their degree in Acupuncture or degree in Oriental Medicine. This is a merit-based scholarship at various levels of funding. Only hard copy materials submitted by January 8, 2021 by 5:00 PM Pacific will be considered. Download the application.
*Note: all scholarship information is subject to change.
External Scholarship Resources
- OSAC - https://oregonstudentaid.
- Finaid.org - www.finaid.org
- The Complete Guide to Healthcare Scholarships
- GraduateSchools.com - https://www.gradschools.com/
financial-aid/graduate- fellowships-scholarships/ fellowships-for-graduate- students
- GoGrad.org - https://www.gograd.org/
- Chegg.com - https://www.chegg.com/
- FastWeb.com - https://www.fastweb.com/
- Scholarships.com - https://www.scholarships.
com/financial-aid/college- scholarships/scholarships-by- grade-level/graduate- scholarships/
- UniGo.com - https://www.unigo.com/
- MyScholarly.com - https://myscholly.com/
International / Non-Domestic Students Scholarship resources
- International Educational Financial Aid.org - https://www.iefa.org/
- EduPass.org - http://www.edupass.org/
- ScholarshipPositions.com - http://scholarship-
- P.E.O. Projects and Philanthropies - https://www.
- InternationalScholarships.com - https://www.