Explore the night market! On June 27, 2015, the OCOM campus will be transformed into a light-filled celebration of food, music, healing and culture in the Chinese tradition. Various experiences on four floors will showcase the signature accomplishment of OCOM’s retiring President, Michael J. Gaeta, EdD: our LEED Gold certified downtown location in Old Town Chinatown.
All proceeds from the event go to OCOM’s annual fund — supporting our mission to transform health care by providing exemplary education and affordable care to the Portland community.
5:00-6:00 PM "President's Reception" – 5th Floor Rooftop
Limited to 60 guests with special food and entertainment in honor of President Gaeta. Reception tickets include general admission to the night market gala event from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM. $100 tickets; advance online purchase only.
6:00-9:00 PM Cherry Blossom Gala: Night Market Theme
6:00-7:30 PM — Food street, culture street, relaxation spa and lucky lounge open for entertainment!
7:30-8:15 PM — Magic Show and Live Auction, Community Room
8:15-9:00 PM — Entertainment, food, and drinks continue!
The "Gala" portion of the evening will include:
- "Lucky Wheel Draw" — Guests get one spin of the wheel for free treatments, Old Town Chinatown community gift certificates, self-care kits, feng shui crystals and other prizes.
- Roving magician/mentalist, Hart Keene
- Photo screen/booth — green screen, stand up, props and a chance to have your photo taken with MOCO!
- Reflexology treatments and foot soaks in our water spa
- Swarovski ear seeds for self-care with style
- "Wine Pull Wall" — Buy a ticket for a chance to pull a bottle of wine of $20 or greater value
- Live auction – including vacation packages for two to Costa Rica and Banff (airfare included)
- Dim Sum by Boke Bowl
- Craft Beer Wine and specialty cocktails – featuring Pale Kung Pao a collaborative microbrew crafted by Rock Bottom Brewery and formulated by the OCOM medicinary
- Calligraphy by Dr. Jiyu Yang of the Wisdom Arts Academy
- Zen games
- Hand made ice cream by Scoop
- Live music — provided by the Noah Bernstein Trio (jazz) and the Wisdom Arts Academy (classical Chinese music)
- Multimedia presentations showing the progress of building construction and highlights from the past decade of OCOM