1. OCOM is ranked #1 Acupuncture School in the United States. We were also recently honored as the reader's choice for favorite holistic medicine school by Natural Awakenings, an award reflecting our commitment to excellence, innovation and a holistic student experience.
2. The college's strong alumni network of more than 1,300 graduates allows students to connect with practitioners across the country.
3. Our clinical education program provides the opportunity for students to practice in OCOM's clinics or one of our community clinics.
4. Oregon's focus on integrative medicine makes our Portland location an ideal place to study and collaborate.
5. OCOM's curriculum is designed to provide a wide knowledge of holistic health practices. Our training provides foundation knowledge in not just acupuncture and Chinese medicine theory, but also herbal medicine, biomedicine, therapeutic bodywork and qi cultivation.
6. Graduates of OCOM's master's program demonstrate a consistently high average pass rate (currently, 92 percent) on the national licensing exam.
7. As one of only two stand-alone AOM schools that have a funded research program, research literacy is infused into OCOM's curriculum.
8. Portland is a great place for study and balance. Our centrally located campus is within walking distance of more than 100 food carts, and miles of biking and walking trails along the Willamette River.
9. Our online Virtual Seminars are a great way to learn about OCOM from a distance. Better yet, come see the campus, get a tour, and receive a treatment at our next on-campus Admissions Seminar. Register today!
10. OCOM values strong connections with the broader community through wide-ranging educational and awareness-building events. Staff, alumni and faculty members support our work to engage, from helping students to navigate the application process (OCOM Socials) to leading illuminating public presentations on the history and practical application of Chinese medicine (OCOM's Lan Su Lectures).