Oregon College of Oriental Medicine has signed and returned the certification and agreement form, and intends to use the funds to provide at least 50% of the emergency financial aid grants to students.
Funds Available to Students:
The total amount of HEERF funds available to students = $50,048
Funds Disbursed/Approved to Students:
Amount distributed to students as of date of report, 5-28-2020 = $50,048
Total Number of Students Eligible for Title IV Federal Aid, and Therefore Eligible for HEERF Emergency Funds
Total students eligible to apply for funds = 210
Total Number of Students Who have Received/Were Approved an Emergency Financial Aid Grant (as of 5-11-2020)
Total number received grant = 40
Policy for Determining Which Students Did, or Will Receive Emergency Financial Aid Grant and How Much Funding They Did or Will Receive
- Student submits a “Cost of Attendance Increase Form” specifying what they need, how much it will cost, and why they need it (must be tied to disruption of campus classes due to COVID-19) to the financial aid office
- A receipt is not needed to accompany the request, but no funds will be issued to the student until a receipt for the approved purchase is received.
- Students can request up to $2000 total for expenses
- The financial aid office staff reviews all requests on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Review includes checking to see if the student has completed a FAFSA application and qualifies for federal Title IV aid and what their federally defined financial need is.
- The financial aid office staff approves or declines based on multiple factors, including: If request meets criteria for being related to campus closure due to COVID-19 and not just COVID-19 pandemic in general.
- If staff don’t know if request should be approved, they will reach out to work with the campus committee in charge of the HEERF Emergency Funds for feedback.
- The financial aid office staff will notify the student if their request is approved or denied and if approved, for what amount it is approved for.
- Emergency fund checks will be sent to the students in the standard check batch process once a month unless there is an urgent need by the student for an earlier issue date.
Instructions/Announcements for Students:
The college posted two general announcements to all students informing them of the funds being available and how to apply for the funds.
First Announcement to students:
Second Announcement to students:
IRS Instructions for CARES Act funds for tax purposes: