Our city is known throughout the country for its trendsetting local food scene, a commitment to sustainability, and a vibrant urban area. Portland boasts an award-winning public transportation system and the highest percentage of commuter bicyclists in the United States. An hour’s drive to the east presents you with scenic Mount Hood and the Columbia River Gorge, while stunning ocean beaches are just 90 minutes to the west.
Our home in Old Town Chinatown positions the college in the heart of the city, with easy access to restaurants, breweries, coffee shops, music venues and parks. OCOM is one of a number of complementary and alternative medicine schools in the area, confirming that Portland is the perfect setting in which to study and practice the medicine.
We look forward to welcoming you to our state-of-the-art campus in the heart of Portland, and we recommend all prospective students make this a top priority in their decision making process. The best way to get a feel for the campus, our community, and to learn more about our program is to plan your visit for our next monthly Admissions Seminar.
We also offer individual tours. Contact us at 503-253-3443 x175 to schedule a convenient time.
The following resources may be helpful in planning your visit to Portland or preparing to relocate:
- Travel Portland. Take a four-minute video tour of our favorite city.
- Portland Neighborhood Guide
- City of Portland, Oregon official site
- alt.Portland Guide, also known as the Portland [Low-Budget] Guide
- Things to do in Portland by Airbnb hosts.
- Portland craigslist site
- Willamette Week and Portland Mercury (local weekly newspapers)
- OpenTable (find Portland restaurants by neighborhood)